Greeting Cherry Pie family and friends!
Friday was a perfect day weather wise and the lume of a show in western Wisconsin lit our path as we made the 3+ hour trek out to Prairie Du Chien in our own vehicles. No Cherry Pie tour bus for these guys. Where the heck would we even park that thing if we did have one anyway?! Dave and Frankie car pool because they live 3 miles apart, so that makes sense. Andy rides solo and talks the whole way to both himself and whoever else will listen to him tell stories. Flap one up'ed us all and showed up in his awesome camper with his wife and 14 week old puppy in tow. So we guess that counts as a “car pool/tour bus?” More of a Cherry Pie train perhaps? Nonetheless, all arrived, well, safe and ready to get to work.
Now tonight was a bit different. No techs, no extra help. Nothing. So the task was placed upon us to grab pics and video with our trusty smart phones and to set up the show ourselves. Sometimes the crew needs off and tonight was one of those nights. Load in was easy and stage set up went off without a hitch. Fast forward to show time…
The moon was out, the temperature was perfect, and the people in Prairie Du Chien were ready to ROCK! 200-ish Pie fans (mostly new and unfamiliar to us) packed The Blackhawk outdoor courtyard to listen to us play. There was no shortage of cold beverages and tunes from everyone's favorite era. Three straight hours of rock carried us to 11 p.m. when it was time to call it a night, much to the chagrin of many show-goers shouting, “One more song!” Hey, we get tired too and sometimes there just isn't enough gas in the ol' tank.
When all was said and done tear down wise, we started the long trek home. A half hour in to the drive, Frankie and Dave narrowly missed TWO deer that suddenly darted out in front of the truck. Frank's cat-like reflexes saved the day and the lives of all were spared. This actually happens a lot. Dave takes deer patrol from the shotgun position and Frank steers and scans at all times. Show us your faces and glowing eyes. Stupid deer.
OK, enough complaining about Wisconsin deer… let's just end this journal on a high note! What a great (and fun) show! We appreciate all who joined us. See ya at another Cherry Pie show soon!
Production: Breezy Point Sound & Light Co.
No Crew for the show! *GASP
- The Final Countdown - Europe
- Roll With The Changes - REO Speedwagon
- Any Way You Want It - Journey
- Sister Christian - Night Ranger
- Fat Bottom Girls - Queen
- Turn Up the Radio - Autograph
- You Give Love A Bad Name - Bon Jovi
- Animal - Def Leppard
- Rag Doll - Aerosmith
- Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
- Sweet Emotion/Dude Looks Like a Lady - Aerosmith
- Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
- My Kinda Lover - Billy Squire
- No More Mister Nice Guy - Alice Cooper
- I Love Rock N' Roll - Joan Jett
- Love In An Elevator - Aerosmith
- We're Not Gonna Take It - Quiet Riot
- Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions
- Round & Round - Ratt
- Talk Dirty To Me - Poison
- The Flame - Cheap Trick
- Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
Andy Acoustic - Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
Authority Song - John Mellencamp
Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
- Take It On The Run - REO Speedwagon
- Tush - ZZ TOP
- Nothing But A Good Time - Poison
- Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
- Living On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
- Separate Ways - Journey
- Jump - Van Halen
- Wind Of Change - Scorpions
- Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
- Back In Black - AC/DC
- Metallica Medley - Metallica